Sunday, August 1, 2010

1 day to go. Random Thoughts.

I didn't sleep well last night. I dreamt in sign language, which hasn't happened for many years. I was signing things that I needed to Jared (because I couldn't speak) and he coudn't understand me. I awoke panicked. I'm pretty sure tonight will be worse.

I'm crunching anything I can today. Chips, crackers, cereal - farewell!

Created an amazing Mango smoothie this afternoon. I call it:

Mango Madness:
1 cup frozen cubed mango's
2 sm. scoops mango sherbet
1/2 c. pineapple juice
1/2 c. coconut milk
1/2 tsp. coconut extract
1/4 c. heavy cream
1 package Vanilla Carnation Instant Breakfast
Top w/whipped cream

Makes about 12 oz. and is 25% of my protein daily value. It's probably 300% of my fat intake - but who's counting.

My surgeon told me to plan to lose 10-15 lbs. the first WEEK! I'm sure I'll gain it all back when I can eat solid food again.

We're taking the kids to my inlaws in a few hours - to stay for the week. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. I hope Jared is able to go see them several times. I don't want them to see me all black and blue and swollen. The worst of the swelling/bruising/congestion is supposed to peak Wed., so hopfully after that I'll be better able to cope with my recovery. It's nice to know what to plan for.

I'm going to miss kissing Jared for a while.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Tamara!! Wow, I didn't realize how bad it is. You are a brave woman. My crossbite isn't nearly as bad, but I'm sure I'll be doing some sort of surgery to fix it eventually...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point about sign language! Not that I ever plan to have any kind of surgery like this but IF I do, it's good to know I can still communicate with my husband :)

    ReplyDelete