Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Double Digits

Today is day TEN post -op. 10 days!!! My surgeon is genius. I did NOT expect that I would be feeling this good - to actually get ready and go to a MALL - by myself! I think my husband wishes we found a doctor that wasn't one of the best of the country, instead. Ha ha. After Dr. Egbert took out my wisdom teeth last year - I was eating pizza 2 hours later. I'm not kidding.
So - here I am today. My face is still lopsided - but I can deal til it goes down now. I have a knot in my cheek - I think that's what causing the swelling, although I have no idea what it actually is. I will be asking my doctor tomorrow. When I push on it - it's about the side of a plum pit and pushes against my incision/stitches on the inside of my mouth, where I feel like I keep biting on my cheek - I think this knot is the real culprit. Can't wait it's resolved.




Left profile. Cheek still a little swollen, and my bottom lip is still very swollen, and has blisters on it from sucking it into my bottom braces when I'm attempting to eat. I'm completely numb, so don't know when I'm doing that.



Right profile. This is the cheek that is extra swollen, now with a knot in it. At least my skinny girraffe neck is coming back - without the colors.



Front profile. That danged swollen/knotty cheek! Grrr. I can't wait til the blisters are gone and I can actually wear LIPSTICK again. Oh, I could right a novel about my love of lipstick. Oh, and this is for Tammy P - those are MY eyelashes - not eyelash extensions or false ones. I've been using a lash conditioner for about 7 weeks now - worth every penny!



This is my attempt to smile with open lips. I know it's horrible to see all that metal -so just picture it with my STRAIGHT pearly whites! (and apparently, I have a pirate for a son).



Honestly though - I thought I'd stay swollen/bruised for much longer. I thought my children would be afraid of me - to look at me - to hear me, but thankfully, this is not the case. The do however, think it's funny (and a little frustrating) when they can't understand me. Lately, they've been trying to talk through their teeth too - it's pretty cute.



I'm so grateful that my recovery is well on the upside. I can't foresee any "relapses" - I can't imagine what they would be unless this knot means something or I'm healing wrong.
Thanks again to everyone who has helped me. Thanks to the girls in the office for cheering me up today. Thanks to Catherine for my FIRST Jamba Juice during this recovery period. Yum.
Love to all.

7 comments:

  1. Hee Hee Hee! Thanks for the info but now I want to know what conditioner you're using!!!! I want it too!

    Cute picture of you and your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd ask! It's called "RevitaLash". It's rated "Excellent" and you don't need a prescription! The one that Brooke Shields endorses is Latisse, but it's a prescription and it's about $90/month!!! This was on sale at my laser place for $100 - for a SIX MONTH supply! It takes longer to work though - 4-6 weeks instead of 2 like Latisse, but well worth the wait! I also got an awesome mascara through Lancome cosmetics - and that always helps. Love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow. Pain. I am glad you are feeling a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe how much Alex is starting to look like Jared. He is like a little Jared clone these days! Wow! I guess its been awhile since I've seen him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well - he USED to look like me - but now I don't even look like me - so I'm glad he's starting to look like Jared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamara, you are looking fan-freakin-tastic for only being 10 days in! I was a monster at the 10-day mark.

    Glad to hear you're feeling good about yourself and getting out into the real world once again.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Graham, will boys never understand the sheer power of make up? :) Something you boys don't get to take advantage of! I feel pretty great though! Thanks for the inspiration to do my own blog. For anyone who wants to see what Graham went through - you can look at his blog:

    http://doublejawsurgery.com/day-10-just-add-peanut-butter

    That's HIS day 10 post. Thanks for the peanut butter tip btw - used that one already!

    ReplyDelete