Friday, August 13, 2010

The knot and a nice stranger.

I've been using a lot of heat on my right check (over the knot) and on my neck and the swelling/discoloration has improved slightly. I've also gained back 2 lbs., so now everyone can stop hating me! Sheesh! The reason my hair is always back/up in every picture is because I don't have my extensions in, and frankly - my hair sucks.



Left profile. I have to keep reminding myself that my "new face" won't be set for another 6-8 months. Still some swelling and the bones need to settle into place. I have no idea what all will change.



Right profile. I drew a circle around the knot. Pushing right there allows you to feel it. It also makes it push into my splint on the inside of my mouth. And that hurts. So please don't touch it. :)



Here is a great story about a random act of kindness. I went to our local ice cream shop, Iceberg to get my favorite shake - their Lemon custard extra thick shake. It's expensive. It's HUGE, but I wanted it. I have a little note that I carry around that says essentially "I just had double jaw surgery last week and my teeth are wired shut making it difficult to speak". I have used it a lot. Today was no exception. I handed it to the teenage girl and then struggled through saying "Lemon custard shake". She smiled and rang me up. Then, a very nice lady in the cooking area was asking if the lemon custard shake was mine. I smiled and nodded and she went on to say how it was so good, her favorite, ect, and I just kept smiling and nodding. She looked perturbed as to why I wouldn't speak. I finally struggled through "I'm sorry, I had surgery" and she suddenly changed. She said "Oh! I thought you were mad"! (how did she get that from me nodding and SMILING?) Then she said to the cashier "You didn't charge her did you?" And the cashier looked sheepish and nodded her head. So this nice lady proceeds to return the $4.50 to my credit card and said "you don't need to pay for this - you just worry about getting better."
SO NICE! I love random acts of kindness and it's a good reminder for me to do the same.



Me and my super giant FREE shake that will take me 2 days to eat! :) Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment