Friday, August 27, 2010

Bad side?

Ok, just took this pic tonight. The swelling has gone done significantly, due to the fact that I figured out what was keeping the knot around. I am missing a pre-molar. I will have to get an implant put in there after this is all said and done. Because I have a hole there, every time I eat, drink, talk, breathe - it is sucking the scar tissue into that whole, thus creating a knot. I figure that out a few days ago and have been putting wax there ever since. In just 3 days time, the swelling that had made me soooo lopsided is abating. I did a post a couple days ago about my "bad" side. In this picture of my "bad" side, for the first time ever...my cheek is proportionate on the other side of my face.
Thank you, Dr. Egbert and goodbye bad side (?).

5 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great at this length...plus I heard from a friend that that is the trendy length of hair these days....I guess they said that on project runway! So ditch your extensions for a while.

    Btw....glad your surgery has gone well. What a crazy experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - Anonymous person! (Do I know you?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not the anonymous person but I do agree with them that this is a great length for your hair. Or maybe it's just a great picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My good friend Stacy actually just said the same thing to me a couple of nights ago, so I guess I'll stick with this length for a while! I appreciate hearing feedback from others - it helps me rethink what looks good on me. I just love really long or really short hair (so does Jared)and this is that crazy in-between length that gets caught in my collars and the back of my shirt. I'll try it out for a while. Maybe after my braces come off I'll dye it black again and go with a pixie cut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean. I hate myself without bangs but I always get compliments on the very rare photo I post without them. It's out of my comfort zone to not have them. And I also know what you mean about the length your hair is when it's caught in the collars. That's so annoying. But it looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete