Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 7 official pics

Here are the official 7 day pics. I can't wait for the swelling to be gone! It's so uneven that it's making my face still look uneven - and the whole point to this was to be more symmetrical - both my bite and my face!



I think I will actually be ok with my profile after all the swelling goes down.



The good thing about the swelling is that is smoothed out all my wrinkles! Bonus!



Today I have an APPETITE! I mean - I'm actually HUNGRY! I've been keeping track of the ounces that I've been consuming today and it goes like this:
9 oz. water
1 oz. juice
3 oz. yogurt drink
7 oz. smoothies
0 oz broth (that's a first!)
10 oz. soup

That's a total of 30 oz. consumed today, and it's 7pm. That is the most I've "eaten" since my surgery. When I think about going to get a 32 oz. drink at Mc.Donald's - and not even thinking twice about downing it all in one sitting - I just can't believe it! It takes a lot of time and energy for me to even "eat" my 30 oz. today! Of course, this isn't counting the many ounces of medicine I have to take every day. Yuck.

So I've been keeping 3 of my 4 rubber bands on almost full time. I take one off when I'm eating or rinsing my mouth, but other then that, I can manage 3. I can NOT do 4 though -maybe it's psychological - but I feel that I cannot breathe or swallow and that just makes me claustrophobic and dizzy and sick. No can do. My teeth still fit perfectly in my splint though - so I'm not worried at all.
For my last picture - a big thank you for all the pretty flowers, cards, kind words, texts, emails and support.

Thank you!
Ok - 2 more. Look at the difference already in my nose (it's now more upturned - not so long/straight and a little cuter) and my chin (much less pointy). I don't know how much more it'll change, or if with the swelling going down, it'll resume more to the first (before) pics - but so far - thist is amazing to me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tam! That is a big difference with your nose and chin in your profile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I hope I love the "finished product" which I actually won't see for months. My doctor also said that I'll end up with "cute cheeks" - that the apples of my cheeks will be plumper (not SWOLLEN THOUGH!) and that my face won't look so long. I'm REALLY looking forward to that!!!

    ReplyDelete