Friday, August 20, 2010

Before/After two weeks

I probably won't be posting every day from here on out since the changes now are so gradual. I continue to regain a tiny bit more feeling every day which just equates to discomfort or pain. When I laugh - I pop stitches in my mouth, which hurts but feel nice to get those stitches out. I've gained a couple more lb's back - I think I'm at 128 right now, which is where I'd like to stay and no, that's not too skinny for 5'9". Here are my before and afters at the 2 week mark (click to enlarge). I'll probably do another one at the 4 week mark, sans splint, and the 6 week mark, sans rubber bands. Ortho is still saying I'll have the braces off by the end of the year, but we'll see. Don't want to get my hopes up yet! I do think I look a little younger in my after pics - but I think that's probably due to swelling. I just want to look 29 again. Well - forever.


2 comments:

  1. I have a question I've been dying to ask but I'm not sure it's appropriate. Then again, your blog title says this is to give others an insight into the surgery so I'm going to do it!

    I want to know why you don't have bad breath? I know you can brush your teeth to some degree but doesn't your tongue stink? I had surgery where they removed skin from the roof of my mouth and put it on my lower gums. I still remember the taste from not properly brushing and it's been over 20 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm SURE I have bad breath even though I'm brushing 10 times a day. I put Listerine in with the water in my water pik, so I'm hoping that helps. When I fit my little baby toothbrush in my mouth, I brush my tongue too. I would have minty fresh breath if it weren't for the food caught in my splint. I've tried everything to get it out but to no avail. My doc says it's totally normal, and chances are they'll stay in there until my splint comes off. The first thing I do when I wake up is brush my teeth. I brush between meals, and sometimes even between different food in the same meal! Nothin' else I can do, I guess! I'm just glad I don't have to worry about the dating scene - Jared kisses me regardless! :)

    ReplyDelete