Wednesday, August 4, 2010

2nd night 3rd day.

The worst is over...right? RIGHT?
(captions below pics)


Down to 130-ish.

Without the "Jaw Bra" so you can see the swelling. Nose is still crooked from the breathing tube.


Throughout the evening it got harder to swallow (couldn't take pain meds) and harder to breathe. At one point, I had a mini panic attack and Jared called my doc and asked what to do. He said to take a decongestant, and to go sit in front of an AC vent and get cold air on my face. That's me sitting in our bathroom with the vent off so I could get as much air as possible. Didn't work. So - as a last resort, he said we could take off a couple bands.




Ahh, instant relief! There were 4 bands wiring my teeth shut. I took off 2, but 2 are still on. I can open my teeth about 1 mm. Enough to be able to breathe around my splint and swallow my pain meds.



The tiny, evil rubber bands.



The gray tube is hooked to a humidifyer so I can have that cool mist directly in my face (thanks Jared) and the syringe is what I use for all pain meds, water, food (Strawberry Ensure is in there right now). Not pleasant.


Trying to get relief from swelling with an "ice man" instead of the jaw bra. The only problem is that I have to hold it on my face, which makes my arms tired and my hands cold. I switch off between the two.

I've heard that the 2nd night/3rd day is typically the worst, and I'm just praying that's true. I have a little bit of nausea right now, due to overlapping Hydrocodone and IBuprofin (can be done every 2 hours) but I hope I don't throw up. Did that 3 times in the hospital, and that was plenty. I am supposed to be eating 4 Ensure drinks, 2 glasses of juice and 2 glasses of water every day. Yeah right. I have no appetite and don't want to throw up, but I can feel myself getting weaker and will have to force more nutrition.

Sorry this isn't more upbeat. Looking forward to a much better day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment