Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I only have to wear rubber bands at night!

The title says it all....hallelujah!

Here are the official 5 week post-op pics. First - I just have to put in a shameless plug for the new headband from our product line. I stuck one of our brooches in the middle. Isn't it stinking cute? I look terrible with headbands typically - but this one is alright!

Right profile. Almost no swelling!

Left profile. My nostril still pulls up too much but I guess I'll get used to it!
This lovely picture shows how far I can open my mouth now. Looks are deceiving though - because although I can open the front of my teeth that far, between my back molars barely fits my thumb. I'm supposed to start doing "scissor" exercises today to continue widening my jaw. They hurt. I have almost zero side-to-side mobility as well, which makes chewing tricky. Practice makes perfect though - so I'm off to eat a piece of cake! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment