Sunday, August 15, 2010

Almost 2 weeks

I went to church today. People were surprised. The Mia Maid adviser didn't recognize me and said that she was wondering "who the new girl was". I think my face looks more swollen/lopsided in person, but here are today's pics.





Things are starting to look more proportionate (nose, lips) but everything still just doesn't look quite right. The knot is almost gone, so it will be a relief when there is no more swelling. It's almost completely gone on the other side though.



I'm still taking 800 mg of Ibuprofin 3 times a day. This morning at 4:45am I woke up because I couldn't breathe. I didn't take any kind of decongestant before bed last night because I felt clear enough to fall asleep. When I woke up gasping, I took off my bands and took some decongestant, then took 2 extra strength Tylenol and went back to bed. About 2 minutes later, I realized that the decongestant I took also has the equivelant of 2 extra strength Tylenol, and so I just took 2,000 mg of Tylenol! I jumped on my computer and didn't like what I googled, so I called poison control before I went in to liver failure (according to google). They said that since it was a one-time thing - I was fine. Phew. I couldn't fall back to sleep until almost 6am because of the decongestant but then slept til 7:30 when it was time to get ready for church. I'm tired!
I also ate in front of people for the first time. We had dinner at my inlaw's tonight and while everyone munched on BLT's I sat eating my soup and applesauce. I hope I didn't make too many disgusting noises - I was trying to be quiet!
Now it's time for more pain meds, ice cream and a movie with my sweetheart. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment